10.03.2018

Back to school feast, 2018.

^goobers^
The boys are back in the swing of school again! (They started the end of August...and I'm just now getting around to posting about it. Whoops. Haha)

Summer was here for about two seconds, and then it was time for school again. I feel like it just flies by faster and faster every year!! I don't know why time is allowed to fly by so fast, but it's pretty rude. The boys are just getting soooooo big!

As the first day of school drew nearer, we kissed summertime goodbye with ice cream cones on the porch.
^BRIGHTS^
Then, the night before school started, we had a fun "Back to School Feast!" We wore fancy (paper) crowns, had homemade lasagna, salad, and bread sticks. The boys loved feeling extra special as we celebrated them starting a new year of school!

(Also, I promise Brighton was here, too. He was just really into his food and didn't want to smile for pictures. Haha!)
 After we ate, we each set personal goals for the new school year. We focused on being kind to others, learning new things, and shining our lights bright!

(Special thanks to Confetti Crate Co., who sent us the cutest back to school package with all of the printables we used!)
 There were some cute "love note" printables that we used to write nice notes to everybody in the family. It was so fun/ hilarious to see what the kids wrote to each other.

For example:
^To Cam, from Boston.^
^To Boston, from Camden. DYING. hahaha^
The next day was the first day of school!! The boys were so excited, they could hardly sleep. They woke up super early, got dressed in their new school clothes, and waited excitedly (for like an hour) for the bus to come. It was the cutest.

It was raining cats and dogs outside, so we got some first day of school pictures inside. Look at their cute faces!
^My big first grader^
^Kindergarten boy!!^
 When they went outside to catch the bus, Boston was freaking out about the rain. That boy is drama!! Haha. I was dying over this picture of them. It totally captures their personalities.
^off to school^
I'm so proud of my little guys.

They are already loving school so far, and I can't wait to see them learn and grow this year.

Also, we just found out that Holland was accepted into our favorite preschool! YAY! He starts Monday, and I am so excited for him. 

I'm definitely in denial that I'll now have a first grader, a kindergartner, and a preschooler. INSANITY. Haha. But I wouldn't have it any other way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment