11.08.2015

Fun in Louisville!



We have looooved living in Louisville so far. There’s always so much to do here! I feel like there are always events going on, or new places to see, and we’ve tried to take advantage of living in a bigger city by getting out as much as we can. The kids just eat it up…and so do we. You know, a part of me kind of hopes that we never really “settle” completely down somewhere… because it is just so fun to meet new friends and explore new places when you move. Maybe I'm a dork, but it’s a rush!

Here are a few photos from some of the fun things we’ve done lately in Louisville!


CHURCHILL DOWNS

We went to the opening day of races at Churchill Downs, and my kids were in Heaven. Mostly Camden. That kid is just a tad obsessed with horses, and I love it. We had the best seats in the house-- front and center by the finish line!! It was so awesome, and I can't wait to go back again soon.
^^He was on cloud nine!^^

^^Cute angel boy.^^
^^We had so much fun!^^

DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL

We heard about a Dragon Boat Festival going on downtown, and we decided to take the fam to see what it was all about. Competitors raced up and down the shoreline, rowing to the beating drums in their long boats, and it was so fun to watch!

The kids scootered around and had a blast.
^^"This is my dragon face. Grrrrr!"^^
^^I love this guy.^^
^^It was pretty cool to watch all of the people rowing so in sync with one another. And with the drums! Super intense.^^


HOT AIR BALLOON FESTIVAL

Some friends invited us to go to the Louisville Gaslight Balloon Glow, so of course we jumped at the chance! I've never been that close to hot air balloons before, and it was such a magical thing. It sounds silly when I type it out, but it's true!! The kids were just mesmerized.

(Also, they got free sunglasses from a booth at the festival, and they thought it was the coolest thing ever. And hello, how cute are they wearing little shades??)



PIRATE DAY!

We dressed up with some friends on Pirate day and went to Krispy Kreme for free donuts! I didn't even know this was a thing until this year, but we've been missing out! It was awesome. I'm pretty sure Boston thought it was a national holiday. He was SO into it. Haha! My kids are always up for dressing up, so you can imagine how excited they were when they got a bunch of donuts too!

P.S. I wish I had documented the sugar rush / crashing and burning after this donut party happened. Because man, it was a rough one. Sometimes after the fact (when my kids are running around the house naked after eating twelve donuts each) I'm like WHY DID I THINK THIS WOULD BE FUN AGAIN? But hey, yolo.
^^I told you Boston was into it. Haha!^^
^^What are you talking about? I never force Jordan to dress up for free food with me.^^
^^How cute are these little pirate friends?? Don't worry, we've already arranged their double wedding.^^
^^Arrrghh!^^

RAINBOW BRIDGE

Rainbow bridge is an awesome pedestrian bridge downtown that lights up in rainbow colors at night. We ended up there on a whim one Sunday night, just as sun was setting. The kids were zooming around on their scooters, the weather was warm, and it was perfect!

I hopped on the scooter for a little while and raced Boston. We were giggling and racing along, and I'm pretty sure people thought I was crazy. But it was the most fun I've had in a long time!! Boston sat next to me after our race, and said, "So Mom. You like scootering, huh?" It was adorable.
^^This is what happens when I say, "Hey guys! Show me your scooter moves."^^
^^Blurry, chubby, cute baby.^^

^^So much fun.^^
^^Rainbow lights!^^

FALLS OF THE OHIO

We got together with some friends one Saturday and headed down to the Falls of the Ohio State Park. The kids loved exploring, and it was fun to see the city from across the river. I think my favorite part was the ice cream sundae we stopped for afterwards. Because hey, not much beats ice cream in my book.
^^Thumbs up for men in baby wraps!^^
^^Boston's face. Gets me every time!!^^

We have loved exploring Louisville so much. I feel so lucky to live in this place.
Two thumbs up, Kentucky!!

No comments:

Post a Comment