5.08.2016

Happy Mother's Day! (+ a video)

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all of you are enjoying this gorgeous Sunday with the ones you love most. I've been gone in Texas for the last few days (visiting my sister! A zillion pics are coming soon!!), so today was a perfect day to re-connect and unwind with my sweet little family.

As I sat on the plane and thought about what motherhood means to me in my life, right at this moment, I scribbled down some thoughts in a notebook. Here's what I wrote:

"I am here, in the throes of young motherhood. It is completely exhausting-- but perfectly satisfying. I go back and forth between feeling like I am stretched so thin that I could break, and then feeling like the possibilities and things I can accomplish are limitless. I usually end up somewhere in the middle, thanks to some good post-bedtime laundry-folding, cuddling, and netflix-watching with my patient husband.

I am realizing slowly, very slowly, that this is my season. The season of young motherhood. I am here, and I should relish it. It's a season of wiping tears, holding hands, of rocking babies, and tucking into cozy beds. A season of cartoons and lucky charms in the mornings, preschool pick-up and chicken nuggets in the afternoons, and baseball games and baths before bed. It's a season of sacrifice, service, and selflessness, but a mostly a season of unconditional love.

This season is mine now, but it will change all too soon.
So I should slow down, forgive more, and be HERE, now. It's where God has lead me, and it's where my babies will leave their tiny hand prints on my heart forever."

Happy Mother's Day. You are loved, Mamas!

 

 I am so grateful for my boys!! How is it possible to love three tiny humans so much???



Jord made this Mother's Day Video for me, and I cry every time I watch it. 
I love this Mother's Day Video tradition he has started for me. These videos are some of my most cherished things in the world!! 

(To see past videos, click here: 2014  ,2015 )
 
            


Lastly, I want to send my love to two important ladies in my life. My mom, and my cute mother-in-law! They are just the best of the best.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I hope I can mother my children as well as you mothered us. You are amazing. Love you!!

 You are such a great mother-in-law, Terri! I am so glad that I'm a part of your family. Thank you for being so wonderful. We love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment