10.14.2018

the pumpkin wagon.

Fall is here!! It's really here!

It literally went from 90 degrees to 50 degrees OVER NIGHT. Shorts and flip flops one day...and winter coats the next. It was the craziest thing! But it's pretty typical for Kentucky, so we weren't too surprised. Haha. 

Last week though, while it was still super hot and sunny, the kids had Fall Break from school! We had SO much fun doing different things every day, and we kicked it off with a couple of days playing at The Pumpkin Wagon here in Elizabethtown. We have been coming here to paint pumpkins during Fall Break for THREE years in a row now. Isn't that insane? Time is flying. ( Also I can't believe we've been in one place for that long. It's a record!! Haha)

Just look at my babies through the years:
^2018^
^2017^
^2016 (Holland was napping! haha)^
Are you dying?? I am. They were so tiny!! 

(To see more photos from The Pumpkin Wagon in 2016, go here. And while you're there, please appreciate Holland's amazing blonde beach hair phase. SWOON.)

This year, the boys loved exploring all of the different kinds of pumpkins and playing all of the fun farm games. It was so fun for me, too, because I could just let them run and explore and be kids. Those are the very best kinds of days, in my book!

 Also can we please just do a quick comparison of Brighton from this year to last year??

This is this year, at a year and a half.
(SO HANDSOME! I can't handle it)...
^I LOVE HIM^
...And this is last year. He was seven months.
I mean, I'M CRYING!!!
^Sweetest baby!^
And while we're on the subject of throwbacks, look at these boys--two years apart!
Holy cow. I can't believe how much they've grown.
^2018^
^2016^
Time really does fly by. (Make it stop!!)

Another day during Fall Break, we went back to do the Pumpkin Wagon's annual pumpkin painting! This has seriously become one of my kids' favorite traditions here. When school started in August, Camden said to me,

"Mom, I can't wait until Fall Break so we can go paint pumpkins at the pumpkin patch!!" 

Haha. They absolutely love it! 
^CHEEEESE^
After they were all done painting, they went to play all of the fun farm games!
They really could play here all day. They love it!
^Cute little farmer boy^
^Love him.^

^The kids love being rolled around like hamsters in this giant tube. I think I would barf if I got in there. Haha!^
^playing in the sand. Because boys. haha^
^I love this little squish^








We had so much fun! I love times like these with my little guys.
Now, can someone please tell them to stop growing up??

No comments:

Post a Comment