9.23.2013

Nonsense ramblings regarding the changing seasons.

[Boston, my explorer. Fall 2013, KY]

You guys. Fall is coming! I am so stinking excited-- I can't even stand it. I swear I turn into a hound dog when this season starts rolling in. I walk outside, perch my nose up, take a big whiff of the crunchy leaves and fallish air...and my spidey senses start tingling. They do. I love this time of year!!

Not to mention the pounds of pumpkin treats. Drool.

So, segue.

I have been working on my 25 before 25 list, and can I please just say how much fun I am having?? There's just something about pushing yourself (and your brain) to expand-- to grow and stretch and dust off the ol' cobwebs. You know? It's exhilarating to try new things and make goals, and what? Maybe even accomplish them!? It's kind of a novel concept for me.

Embarrassing, but wow is it true.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who makes a thousand goals every new year, and gives up by day two. Like "Meh, I'll start running tomorrow. Meh, I'll stop biting my nails tomorrow. Meh....[you get the idea.]" And then tomorrow turns in to next New Year's, and whoops. Still not running. Still biting my nails. Etc, etc......and so.

Boo.

So guys, the fact that I'm working on my list...and crossing items off....and LOVING it....well, it's a Christmas miracle, I'd say! If you haven't already made a list of things you want to do before your next birthday, well, you should. Even if your birthday is next week. Because hey! A whole week to go and try new things! And experience life! What could be better? (maybe a cake. but okay.)

And now for an awkward conclusion: Sometimes I start writing a blog post with absolutely no blooming idea where it's going to end up. Now's where you say, "I get the feeling this was one of those posts." And whallah! You're right. And also! I forgot to say that our bathroom flooded today. A bit of excitement for our morning. So, there's that.

Now I'm off to eat five pumpkin bars. Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment