3.10.2017

Brighton James McMurtrey // 2.28.17 // the hospital photos

He's here!! And we couldn't be happier.

Brighton was born with chubby cheeks and a full head of hair, weighing 8 lbs even, and measuring 19 inches long. He is perfect, and he fits into our family like a missing puzzle piece.
 
 

When I was nearing the end of my pregnancy, I remember saying to Jordan, "Babe, I'm definitely not going to make it to my due date. This baby is already big! And I'm pretty sure he's going to come early."

And sure enough, he did! Just a couple of days after I hit the 38 week mark, I went into labor. From the very start it was fast, intense, and I knew our baby was determined to get here quick. My water broke at home at 4 in the afternoon on the 28th of February (I wasn't due until March 12th), and we arrived in a flying flurry at the hospital shortly after. We got checked into the room at about 4:25, and he was born at 5:00 on the dot. It was crazy and it was awesome. If his birth is indicative of his personality, I think we have quite the firecracker on our hands!

We just adore our little Brighton boy already. He is so, so sweet.
^Bliss.^
^There is nothing sweeter.^

Jordan left me and baby boy to get some sleep, and promised to bring the kids over first thing in the morning to meet their new brother. I was so excited to see them meet Brighton-- I hardly slept at all! (Plus I think the adrenaline from just having a baby hadn't quite worn off. Haha!)

They came in the morning to see the baby, and a cute young woman in our ward came to the hospital to snap some photos for us. I will always cherish these pictures! So precious.
^First family photo of SIX!^
^My four boys. Oh, how they have my heart.^

Each of the boys took turns holding Brighton, and oh my gosh. I think my heart exploded as I watched them take turns carefully stroke his hair and give him kisses. It was SO precious. 

I can't wait to watch them all interact as baby Brighton grows. 

Camden kept saying, "Oh mom, he's so ta-yute! (cute) Can we please teep him?"
^SWOON. Also, I still can't believe he's a big brother.^
^heaven.^
We had the cutest babysitters ever who took the boys to their house all afternoon one day so that Jordan could come spend some time with me and the baby at the hospital. It was so nice to see him (and not have to wrangle all of the kiddos), and I'm pretty sure they had the time of their lives at the babysitter.

She sent me this photo of the older two:

Haha! So cute. I'm so grateful for our ward family that stepped in and helped so much while I was out of commission. People are so wonderful.

Now here are one million photos of Brighton's cute little self.

^Such a good daddy^
^CHEEKS^
Before we knew it, it was time to head home. It's such a bittersweet feeling going home after having a baby, because it means that those first precious days with the new little one are already over, but I'm always SO happy to be home with all of my kiddos.

The time in the hospital with just Brighton and I was so special. I'm so glad I got to soak up his sweet little spirit, kiss his cheeks a zillion times, and give him all of my attention. He is just a dreamboat.

^Love this tiny Kentucky babe.^
^Such an angel baby^
^The whole gang, heading home!^

We are so, so happy to have our Brighton James here with us. He is perfect.
Babies are such blessings from Heaven.
We're still wrapping our mind around the fact that we have FOUR little boys to raise. Holy cow! But really, I could not feel luckier right now.

Life is pretty wonderful.

***
To see hospital photos from our other boys, click below:
Boston (2011)
Camden (2013)
Holland (2015)

No comments:

Post a Comment