11.28.2018

Pre-Thanksgiving Fun!

^My four cutest blessings.^
 Thanksgiving time!!! It's the best. Good food, great family time...I just love it.

We were in Florida for Thanksgiving again this year (love that tradition so much), but we had plenty of pre-Thanksgiving turkey celebrations before we left!

(Kind of like we did, here! Oh man. The boys were SO TINY.)

The older boys had "Thanksgiving Feast" lunches at their schools, and parents were invited. We had to divide and conquer, because we literally had to be at two separate places at the exact same time. Pure chaos. Haha! So I got to hang out with Camden and Holland at their school, and Jordan took Brighton to join Boston's lunch at his school.

It was so fun to see the kiddos in their element at school with their friends. It's so weird to me that they have this whole other world we don't really know about at school (except for what we hear from them), so to see them joking around with classmates and loading up their own lunch trays like it's no big deal is always crazy to me. And awesome! They love school so much.
 
^Cam was the cutest little indian in his class program! So proud of that little embarrassed face.^
^Holland, sitting by some paintings they did in his class. Man, I love him.^
Meanwhile, over at Boston's school...
^When did he get so big??^
^Brights with a very mashed-potatoey smile.^
^My bookends. Heart melted.^
For one of Camden's homework assignments, he had to "disguise" a paper turkey so that it wouldn't get eaten for Thanksgiving. He said, "Hmmm, what about Santa? Nobody will want to eat Santa!" 

So Santa Turkey it was. Haha. He is so creative!
Then a few days before Thanksgiving Day, our ward/ church threw their annual Thanksgiving Feast get together. It's one of my favorite things we do here each year.

There's so much delicious food, fun activities for the kiddos, and fun friends to chat with. (Not to mention the entire ROOM dedicated to desserts. Whoop whoop!)

Last year we were unable to go because we had just been released from the hospital with our fragile little post-botulism Brighton, so it was especially rewarding to see him smiling and wolfing down food next to his brothers this year. My gosh, I love that baby!
 
^goober^
^So happy about his own big old plate of food^
^YUM!^
So fun!

Then on family night right before Thanksgiving, we had our annual gratitude lesson and made our "Thankful Turkey." I always love seeing what the boys come up for the things they are grateful for.
^Turbo the Turkey!^
Here are the things I'm most grateful for at the moment:
^My sweetest four boys^
^My cute newest/only nephew, Beckham^
^And most of all, this guy.^
Obviously I am grateful for SO much more than just the people in these photos, but hey. They're pretty much at the top of my list! 

Such a great couple of weeks.

(I'll post about our Thanksgiving trip to Florida soon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment