7.29.2020

sunflowers, 2020.




Man, 2020 has been quite a ride. 

With Covid and quarantine and protests-- with mask-wearing and home church and home school everything in between...it has all been a bit much. And to be honest, at times I've felt sad, tired, stressed, and just overwhelmed. Sometimes I'm like, can things just please calm down for a minute??

But if 2020 has taught me anything so far, it's to choose happiness in the slowing down. To make an effort to find joy in the small moments. To try our best to create pockets of goodness every day, and to focus on this crazy, unique situation that lets us spend uninterrupted time with family. 

Also, I've learned that Diet Dr. Pepper and chocolate are essential in a time like this. 
^My boys^
^My girl^
One my biggest pockets of joy comes from taking photos of my kids. They just grow and change so fast, and I want to freeze every moment to remember forever--especially in this crazy Covid time. Capturing their silly personalities and sweet smiles just fills up my heart!!

So when the sunflower field near our home started to grow giant, beautiful flowers, I knew we had to make it over there to snap some photos. (remember when we took sunflower photos in the same spot two years ago when the boys were tiny? See them, HERE!)

And even though it was a thousand degrees with a zillion percent humidity (hi Kentucky in July!), the kids/ Jord were such great sports. They must love me.
^MY HEART^
^Camden was so over it in this one. Haha!^
^"Mom, we're so hot!!"^
Some quick individual photos of my five favorite kids in the universe:

P.S. why are they all so old???? I feel like they've each grown SO MUCH in quarantine.
The kids loved exploring the sunflower field to look for bugs and seeds on the ground. If it weren't for the humidity, I think they'd live outside.
I had to take some photos with my Monroe girl, because holy cow--is she precious or what??

She is SIX MONTHS OLD, and I literally don't even know where that time went. I kind of want to cry when I think about her being halfway to a year already!! Monroe, just stay little, okay?
^The most kissable face in the world^
^Can we just talk about this outfit? DYING. Girl clothes are the best!!^
And I had to snag some pictures with my lover.

Because we've been married for ten years, and we still like each other A LOT.
^He is home to me.^
^This duo!!^
These are weird times, but I'm so grateful for the good moments. And for a family who humors me and takes photos in the middle of the July heat. They are the best.

Now, onto August!

***

...also just really quick, here are some amazing outtakes. Because when you give the camera to a nine-year old, they're bound to capture some goodies. Haha!
^the chubby hand with the blanket. monroe's finger up her nose. so many good things happening here^
^nice bum^
^the end.^

No comments:

Post a Comment