8.08.2018

little thoughts + a sunflower field.

"There's only one thing more precious than our time, and that's who we spend it with."
--Leo Christopher 

I can't believe that summertime has come to an end. I really just feel like I blinked and it was gone!

We did so, so many fun things this summer, but it still flew by at lightning speed. The boys already seem so much older than they did when school got out, and now they've already started school again. I told Jordan the other day that I feel like our kids are growing up too fast, and he said,

"I used to feel like the days were so long, but now time is shuffling by so fast."

And that's exactly how I feel, too. As hard as I try, I can't seem to keep my kids little or make time stop. So I'm just grasping onto every moment--trying to make each one last. Trying to make memories, and soaking up every day with my boys while they can all still fit into my arms at the same time.

So when these gorgeous sunflowers popped up down the road from our house, you'd better believe I made Jordan pull the car over so we could take some photos with the boys. I knew the sunflowers wouldn't last forever, and neither would my tiny boys. I'm so glad we captured these moments. (...even if we were all super sweaty and I had to bribe everyone to smile with pixie sticks.)

WORTH IT.
^ I am the luckiest girl in the entire universe.^
^more interested in the stick than the sunflower^
^2/4 boys looking and smiling isn't too shabby!^
^Real life^
^Love this little blondie boy^
^"Do you see me, mom? I'm hiding in the flowers!" --Camden^
^Holland's zoolander face!! DYING^

I have such a good life. 

And I'm going to do my best to hold onto moments with my little ones like these ones--because they'll be gone in the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment