8.14.2012

Easy Margherita pizza.

I don't know about you guys,
but I kind of hate cooking in the summer.
(No air conditioning + slaving over a hot stove = unhappy & sweaty people)

I am always looking for super easy and yummy recipes
 that don't require a lot of effort for the hot months.
I found this recipe on pinterest, 
and it was suuuuper yummy and easy!

You will need these things:
olive oil
pillsbury pizza crust
pizza sauce
fresh basil
fresh mozzarella cheese
minced garlic
(minus the mushrooms...I didn't end up using them due to the husband's mushroom aversion)


Ummmm I don't really have precise amounts of ingredients that I used, 
so just roll with it.
I promise it will turn out! 

First, roll out your dough on a cookie sheet (or pizza pan).
Then spread it with some minced garlic,
and throw on your pizza sauce.


Then spread it all around, like so.
( I know...these technical instructions are killing you.)


After the sauce is evenly spread, 
add some sliced up mozzerella (YUM)
and a few fresh basil leaves.
Drizzle the whole thing with olive oil, and pop it in the oven at 400 degrees 
until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown.


After about 15-20 minutes, 
you will have a yummy pizza that looks like this.
(or better than this)


Slice it on up, and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment