11.20.2012

I am thankful.

Its Thanksgiving week.
(I'm sure you are aware of that by now...)
I LOVE Thanksgiving for a few reasons:

The excellent piles of food.
The Macy's Day Parade. 
The guys kicking back, watching football.
Pie.
Black Friday Ads.
Being surrounded by family.
The food.
Staying in comfy clothes all day long.
The sound of the heater kicking on.
Oh, and did I mention the food?

But most of all, what I love about Thanksgiving is 
the feeling of being overwhelmingly Thankful.

This year, we are spending Thanksgiving in Brussels 
as a family of three.
(and a half...whoop whoop!) 
I am so so sad that we will be missing out on spending time with extended family, 
being a part of the festivities, and of course, I will definitely be missing the food.
But you know what?
I have so so very much to be thankful for.
I am incredibly blessed.
And as long as I have my two favorite boys,
I could celebrate Thanksgiving in an ice cave and be happy.
(but don't get me wrong...I am thrilled with this warm apartment we have.
No ice caves are just fine, too.)

I am so thankful for my two boys, and for the happiness they bring into my life.
I couldn't ask for a better husband, 
or for a cuter one year old.
I am the luckiest girl in the world.




(both photos from July, 2012)
 

What are you thankful for today?

1 comment: