8.28.2019

Boston's baptism day!

Boston's baptism day was so special.

It's a whole month later, and I still get teary-eyed when I think about all of the people (family and friends) who came to support us. Or when I think about how beautiful it was to watch Jordan baptize his oldest boy. Or when I think about the overwhelming Spirit that I felt through the entire thing. It was just the best day.
^I set up this table in the entryway to the chapel with the programs and some of Boston's baptism photos. Head here to see the rest!^
^In their whites before the baptism. I love them so much.^
We had a simple program where our sweet Bishop conducted the service, Grandpa Mac and I each gave a talk, the primary president said a few words, and we sang some primary songs. Then Jordan was able to baptize Boston, and it was just so special. I cried the whole time. I don't think anyone in that room will ever forget the peaceful, happy feeling that surrounded us all as we watched Boston be baptized.

Afterwards, we had a big luncheon for everyone who came! 
^Delicious cupcakes made by our good friends, the Robinsons! These things are DIVINE.^

My talented sister, Sydney, made some AMAZING baptism cookies for Boston. She literally made them from scratch in Arizona (where she lives), bubble wrapped them, put them in Tupperware containers, and brought them in her suitcase to Kentucky for the baptism. 

Can you even handle that?? She's just the best. I mean, look how cute the cookies are!! 

^I mean really though. SO CUTE.^
^Brighton was too focused on his watermelon to take a picture with Whit. Haha^

After the luncheon, we got everything all cleaned up (thanks to my amazing mother-in-law and church friends!!!), and then we headed outside for some post-baptism photos. 
^Love this bunch of boys so much!^
^Grandma and Grandpa Mac flew in from Utah for this boy!^
^Syd, Ty, and baby Beckham (They came from Arizona!)^
^Aunt Whitney flew in from Utah, too!^
It was so fun/nice to have my sisters here to help with the baptism, and to just hang out with! I love them. (Tanner, we missed you!!!)
Here's the part where we tried to get a good photo of all of the baby boys. 

Have you ever tried to get five boys (ages 8 and under) to look in one direction...and smile? It is no small task!! Haha.
^So stinking cute!! My boys love their cousin Becks so much. (He's their only cousin!)^
...annnnnnd here's what was happening behind the scenes. We all looked like fools, but hey. You do what you've gotta do for the pic! 

^Aunt Whitty with all of her nephews!^
^cutest baby and mama^
We had such a great day celebrating Boston's baptism, and it made it even more special that we had so many friends and family members to share it with! It was also his actual birthday that day, which he thought was the coolest. I don't think he stopped smiling all day!
^Proud parents^
Boston, 

We love you so much! We are so happy that you decided to be baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It will be one of the best decisions you make in your life! You are such a special boy, and I know that your Heavenly Father is so proud of you. 

We are so grateful to be your mom and dad. Keep shining your light so bright!!

Love, 

Mom & Dad 
What a great day!

P.S. At the baptism I kept feeling like how is this happening? Didn't we just have Boston's baby blessing?? But then I found these old photos from when we had his blessing in Utah, and I almost died. Not only was Boston a baby...but Jordan and I were babies too!!! 
Time goes so fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment