6.22.2020

Gulf Shores: beach family photos.

We just got home from an incredible vacation to Gulf Shores, Alabama with Jordan's whole family, and holy smokes. It was so amazing. I don't know if it was because the trip came right after the thick of the Covid quarantine, or if it was because we were able to be with family that we hardly ever get to see, or if it was because we stayed in the most beautiful location on the planet, but the whole week felt like pure HEAVEN.

The white sandy beaches, the warm breeze and ocean water-- it was just perfect. I wish we could have stayed for a million years!

We had to come back to regular life, but we did get some family photos taken of the whole McMurtrey bunch on the beach while we were there, and they turned out so great! I will treasure these photos and the memories of this trip forever. 
^The whole McMurtrey family, 2020^
^all of the McMurtrey grand babies!^
^My world^
^real life^
I loved seeing Jordan and his siblings laugh and hang out and reminisce together all week. They are seriously so fun, and I'm lucky to have them for bonus siblings.

Also, I think they all look SO different!
^Jordan's brother Kadan, with his darling wife and baby^
^Jordan's hilarious brother, Trey^
^Jordan's beautiful sister, Talyn^

^The originals!^
^The babies all LOVE Uncle Trey^
It's amazing how we went from just the two of us...

to SEVEN OF US. 
We took some photos of just the girls and then just the boys, and it was hilarious to see how outnumbered the girls were.

I think Monroe is going to be one tough cookie being surrounded by so many brothers and uncles! But she will also be the most spoiled little girl on the planet...so I think it evens out. Haha!
^grandpa chasing runaway Brights!^
These next photos might just be my favorite things in the universe.

love love LOVE.
^he is the best dad.^
 
^my squishy girl!!^
^sweetest family ever^
^My cute in-laws. I love this photo of them.^
^All of the McMurtrey grandbabies!^
^sweet Monroe^


 I love these next individual photos of my babies.

They are looking so grown-up, and I don't know if my heart can take it.
^boston emery^
^camden race^

^holland beck^
^brighton james (...he was so over pictures. haha!)^

^monroe skye^
And then the kids just played in the water and had the time of their lives.

The best.
^Love this of cute Tal!^
 
^The big three.^
Then Monroe had a quick costume change...because hi. How could I not get some photos of her in a sailor dress at the beach?? Call me extra, but girls are just SO FUN.
I knew I was lucky when Jordan chose me all those years ago, but I never imagined how lucky I was to marry into his family. They are just the best. 

I'm so glad we have these photos to remember such a special vacation--because I never, ever want to forget it. 


**All photo credit for this session goes to the amazing Emily Jo Photography! She was truly incredible to work with, and I'd HIGHLY recommend her. She's based out of Mobile and travels to the beach, and she was just phenomenal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment