6.29.2018

Father's Day, 2018!

When I got married, I honestly didn't really think about what kind of dad Jordan would be. I was just so in love with him, and I knew he was perfect for me. But thinking about him as a father seemed SO far down the road (it wasn't), and it didn't really even cross my mind. Haha!

Luckily for me (and our kids), he is the most amazing dad in the world. He's the favorite parent, hands down.

Jordan has never been afraid to change a diaper, wash dishes, do laundry, or get down on the floor and play with kids after a long day of work. He has literally coached a soccer game while holding a baby, and he has made dinner on the grill while playing baseball in the front yard. He is the absolute best.
^Taken from a window photo booth in downtown, Elizabethtown^
Here are some photos from our Father's Day celebrations this year!

We had a big, yummy french toast breakfast (Jordan's favorite!), went to church, wrangled four children, and then headed home to relax and let the kiddos run wild. Because little guys just do not like sitting still at church! Haha.

Then we ended the day with s'mores and a giant Reeses Peanut butter poke cake...which holy cow. SO GOOD!

It was such a fun day to celebrate our number one guy.
^Real life^

We loved hanging at home after church. We grilled some hot dogs, made s'mores, and just enjoyed time together as a family outside! 

The perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon, in my book.
^My little hoodlums, roaming the streets^
^THE DIMPLES!^
^Suddenly this boy thinks he's too cool to take pictures with me. What is that all about??^
^Cheese nation^

Time to eat!! We set up on the porch and ate picnic style, and it was perfect.
Nothing says Summer like eating grilled hot dogs outside!
^Sweetest Brights, eating a well balanced meal of pretzels, hot dogs, and raisins. Haha^
^The cool kid table^

S'mores time!!
I'm pretty sure the kids ate fourteen marshmallows a piece.
But hey, you're only a kid once, right?
^Marshmallow Cam^

^Get it!^
Then we topped off our s'mores with some CAKE! Because Father's Day!
It was my first time making it, and it was sooooo yummy!

Happy Father's Day, Jordan!

We love you more than you know.

***

Also, Happy Father's Day to Papa Gillman and Papa Mac!!
Thanks for being such amazing dads and grandpas. We are so grateful for your examples.
We love you both so much!!
^My sisters, my dad, and me. June 2018^
^The McMurtrey clan at the Louisville Slugger Museum, December 2017^
For past Father's Day posts, go here:

No comments:

Post a Comment