4.23.2019

Easter Sunday.

I absolutely LOVE Easter Sunday. 

There's just something special about getting dressed in our very best church clothes (new bow ties for the boys!), and preparing our hearts to think about the Savior at church. The service we had this Easter was so great, and all of the boys looked so handsome sitting in a row on our pew. (They were still crazy, but handsome nonetheless! haha)

But as wild as they are, I feel so lucky to be their mom. And because of our Savior, Jesus Christ, I get to be with them forever. That thought makes my heart burst! 
I always love taking advantage of dressing up on Easter to take a few Spring photos of our family. I mean with these little boys with their combed hair and matching bow ties...how could I resist?? SWOON.

They should wear these outfits every day, in my opinion.
^real life^
I loved snapping a few photos of each of my boys while the other ones ran around and explored the arboretum. It's always so fun to see their little personalities come out in full force when they're alone in front of the camera! Haha.

First up: Mr. Boston. He will be EIGHT years old in July, and I'm in complete denial about it. I swear he was just a baby. He is currently debating between being a professional basketball player, "an army guy," or working at McDonald's when he grows up. He's full of sass and wit, knows more random facts about more random things than anyone I know, and I really just love his guts.
Next: Cam Bam! This boy is the sweetest, craziest little spitfire you will ever meet. He loves reading Captain Underpants books, telling me knock-knock jokes constantly, and eating all the candy he can get his hands on. His dimples somehow get cuter every single day, and his giggle is so infectious that I wish it could be my ringtone.
Third we have Holland Beck!! THIS BOY. My gosh, if he's just not the cutest little thing you've ever seen. He's got the biggest brown eyes with eyelashes that are basically a foot long...and the most kissable cheeks in the universe. His birthday is this weekend (he'll be FOUR!), and he told me today that he wants a "Batman blueberry Easter cake"(??)... so I'd better get working on that.
Last but not least, Brighton James! This little guy is such a punkin'. He is a non-stop chatterbox these days, and randomly bursts into song about a zillion times a day. (His current faves are "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" or "Geego geego geego star," and "Sweet but Psycho"...yeah, the one from the radio. Haha!) Brights is constantly getting into mischief and keeping us on our toes...and we love it. 
Man, I love those kiddos.

I also really love this man of mine. 
(Thanks for the photos, Boston!)
^Hey Jord? You have a handsome face.^
^Love these four babies^
^One more family shot--staring directly into the sun! Haha. But just look at those sweet boys!^
After church (and a giant Easter feast at home!), we went to the Nature Park to soak up more of the beautiful sunshine! It was warm, the grass was green, and the blossoms on the trees were AMAZING.

And then randomly, some strangers gave us their kites as they left the park, and it made our whole day. It was the best afternoon!
^Trying to blow out dandelion. Sweetest ever!^
^I sent this photo to my sister, and she said "His hair is as fuzzy as those dandelions!" haha^
^The best daddy^
^SO BEAUTIFUL^
^"Momma! I stooter!"^
Then we went home and had the Easter Cake I made. 
(Chocolate cake, whipped milk chocolate frosting, coconut, cadbury eggs...and peeps for good measure! Thank heavens for pinterest. Haha!)

It was REALLY good. 
At the end of the day when all of the kids were in bed, Jordan and I talked about how it was the best, most peaceful Easter Sunday we've had in a long time. We really made it an effort to talk about Jesus Christ and what his sacrifice meant to us with our kids, and it made the biggest difference.

It was just the greatest day.
Hope you had a great Easter Sunday!

***
Favorite family portraits from previous Easters:

2018 family Easter photos  (Downtown Elizabethtown, KY)

2015 bunny photoshoot by Jenny Lane (Lexington, KY)

No comments:

Post a Comment