6.02.2020

Poppies & Light.

There's a field near our home where the city plants the most beautiful seasonal flowers, and it's one of my very favorite things about where we live. There are giant yellow sunflowers in the late summer (remember this?), and bright, beautiful poppies in the spring. 

I've wanted to get photos with the kids in the poppies every year, but we always just missed them. This year, though, with all of the chaos and heartache happening in the world right now, it seemed especially important to capture such a vibrant, happy memory-- a bright spot to contrast the darkness that seems to be everywhere.

And I'm so, so glad we did! I will cherish these photos forever.
^Can you see Camden 'proposing' to me with a flower? the cutest.^
^She could not be more perfect.^
^playing in the poppies^
I had to snap some individual photos of each of the kids...because how could I not?? I love them so much. And I'm so glad they're all different and crazy and cute in their own ways. Each of them is so special to us.

--HOLLAND--

--BRIGHTON--

 --CAMDEN--

 --BOSTON--

--MONROE--
I think we are just a little bit obsessed with her.

But can you blame us??
^I will never be over her chubby little arms and legs^
These next photos of all of my babies together might be my favorite things on this earth. I seriously can't handle them. (Also, this is a very 'mom thing' to say, but someone please tell them to stop looking so grown-up!!)
^MY HEART^
^the sweetest^
^My tender-hearted Cam^
 
^I think he might be more obsessed with her than I am...and that's saying something^
^love these crazies^
The world is weird right now. Lots of things are dark and confusing and scary. But despite everything that's going on, there's one thing I know for certain: 

If we look for the light, we will find it. Everywhere. And if we can't find it, we can make it!
I hope that my kids will remember this. 

They're my everything, and so for now, I'll do my best to bottle up these moments of joy and light for them--in photos, in moments together, in kitchens, on car rides, or in flower fields. So that when all of this passes, they will remember the goodness--and choose to keep sharing that goodness with everyone around us.

No comments:

Post a Comment