6.07.2020

Mothering in quarantine. (+ this year's Mother's Day video!)

Being a mom is really hard.

Being a mom in quarantine for three months with five kids under eight has felt, at times, almost impossible.

But even through it all--from the last bits of pregnancy and delivering a baby in January, to non-stop sickness going around our other kids, to the Covid-19 panic and suddenly homeschooling (with a newborn!)--there have been too many blessings to even count.

Moments of stillness and peace as I pray each night for a healthy family. Moments of laughter as Jordan and I run through the sprinklers with the kids--or as we all sing to "Yum yum Breakfast burrito!" in the kitchen. Moments of content as I sit on the couch and nurse my baby, while reading to the boys. Moments of adventure when I pile the kids into the car, and we let the road take us somewhere new. Moments of peace as we sit at the kitchen table for home church each Sunday. Moments of learning as we all figure out how to constantly be in each other's orbits. Moments of forgiveness. Moments of connection.

So I am grateful for this quarantine, despite the hard times. It has taught me to re-focus on the important parts of mothering--and to be grateful for every single moment with my family.



****

Every Mother's Day, Jordan and the kids make the sweetest video for me. This is year number SEVEN of these videos, and was extra special to me because of the quarantine. (And because we added Monroe this year!) Just the best.

I love them so much.



For past videos, go here:

2014 * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2018 * 2019 

No comments:

Post a Comment