10.20.2010

Peterhoff Palace!

While we were in St. Petersburg, we took a bus over to the amazing Peterhoff Palace! This place is out of this world... it is so incredible! Here are Jord and I at the back of the palace in the gardens.

I was supposed to be the statue... didn't quite work out. Haha.
We payed a couple hundred roubles (about $6 bucks) each to take a tour of the inside of the palace, and it was SO worth it. You wouldn't believe the detail and architecture in these rooms! They didn't allow photography, so we stole some pics from the internet to give you an idea of what it was like...



This would be Jord, pretending to be a naked statue. I may or may not have forced him to pose for this picture. :-)Here is the front of the palace with all of the fountains! It was too cold for the fountains to be turned on, but it was still incredible!!


He did this pose on his own... no forcing required. :-)
I love this boy.

Who would have thought you would find a beach in St. Petersburg? Too bad it was 20 degrees.
This sign says no swimming... like we would want to? Haha.


We are nerds :-)
While we were walking through the forest at Peterhoff, we found some devil squirrels! Our group was feeding them nuts right out of their hands and getting a huge kick out of it. Jord was standing by the tree, and little did he know that the squirrels could smell the trail mix in his backpack! Before he knew it, a squirrel jumped right onto his backpack! He was FREAKING out! :-)
This was his face after being ambushed by the squirrel... :-) I couldn't stop laughing for a while about that one.
One of the churches at Peterhoff!


Well there you have it folks, our adventures to St. Petersburg in a nutshell!
ttfn.

2 comments:

  1. Remind me one more time why you didn't take me along on this venture??... and my husband, too, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I just think you both have a real talent for posing like statues in most of your posts. I think you could both become multi-somethingaires off of it. I'm glad you enjoyed your tour of my new house, sorry I mean palace.

    ReplyDelete