5.15.2012

motherhood.

This year I was my first official mother's day,
and it was wonderful.
I have only been a mom for nine and a half months,
but I have been so changed by my little boy.
He brings me so much joy
every single day.

The way he snuggles into me when he is sleepy,
or how he plays with my earrings when I hold him.
The way he screams "MUM!" when he is mad,
or how he army-scoots as fast as he can 
to get to me when I get home.
It's the cutest.

Being a mother is hard, 
but it is mostly just incredible.
I can't believe that I get to be a mom to my sweet boy.
I am so grateful that I am a mom,
and that I have such a wonderful mom to look up to.
She has taught me everything I need to know about motherhood,
and I don't know what I would do without her.
So thank you, Mom,
for being such an amazing mom to me.

And thank you, Boston,
for letting me learn to be a mom to you.

 

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! AND that picture. I don't remember seeing it before. SOOOO darling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so precious! Thanks for being such a great mom to Bost! Love you!

    ReplyDelete