10.24.2013

Explorium at the park!

Have I mentioned that thing about how I love where I live? I do. I do. I doooooooooooo. So much, you guys. Like I think when the time comes to move from here, I might not have it in me. It'll be a such a sad sad day. (Let's not talk about it.)

I can't get over how much there is to do here. There's always something going on, and there are always a TON of kid-friendly events. Which, as any stay-at-home-mom knows, is so crucial. To get out of the house. As much as possible. Or else you want to throw small objects through the walls. Or small toddlers. (too far?)

So okay. A couple of weekends ago, we heard about an event that the Explorium Museum was doing in Triangle Park downtown. From the second we got there, Boston took off. He was in magical kid-toy heaven. There were giant legos, giant bubbles, giant bouncy toys... I guess a lot of giant things were involved. And Boston was diggin' it.


This BABYYYYY. You guys.





Also, this playmat was his dream. I'm pretty sure he could have played there until sundown. I think Santa might have to get him one for Christmas.

Side note: How is it already time to be thinking of Christmas-related items???? I swear it's still July.
My Gahsh.








He lasted on the bouncy toy for about three minutes, then it was back to the road mat slash farm area. And then. He stole all the farm animals from other kids (...even from a baby, you guys! What. Who are his parents??), just so he could line them up. You know, in their proper farm animal roll-call order.

Oh, you little weird child. How I love your guts.







After a while at the bubble station, we were like "Okay Bost, one more minute! Then it's time to go home."
You would have thought we sawed off the boy's arm. By his wailing and weeping and gnashing of teeth... apparently people thought that's what we had done.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO   one moe minute!!! No go hooooooooooooome!! No yike it home!!!!"

Yeah. We were getting some serious stare-downs.

And then I thought, Hey! This is a great time to take a picture! (I know. The logic escapes me.)
So, these are what happened:


"Okay, uh, let's try a wave! Maybe that will be better."


Nope. Oh well.
It's a good thing he is the cutest danged kid ever. 





And then we went home and napped.
It was much needed. 

A fun time was had by all! 

1 comment:

  1. so fun!! yeah the one thing we don't like about idaho is there isn't a whole lot to do here. Like where are all the city sponsored family events and stuff? We are gonna start resorting to crashing strangers birthday parties and stuff

    ReplyDelete