11.18.2013

A note for Cam.

Dear Camden,

Today you are six months and seven days old. I swear you get happier every day, which I didn't think was possible, since you were basically born grinning. I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around the idea that you weren't just always in our family. That at one point, you were just a little bean in my tummy, and not here. Because now, look at you. Your dimpled face, your chubby fingers, your big sparkly eyes... I just melt.

You have the brightest, happiest spirit that I have ever met. Little boy, you are a perfect fit for our family.

I'm sorry that sometimes (most of the time) your big brother gets all of the attention...because well, he's Boston. And he is kind of a crazy monkey ("I not monkey, momma. I big boy!"). I hope you don't feel too left out. But you know what? I'm pretty sure that in about six months, you will be running around and shenaniganizing (what now?) with him, so I don't feel too bad.

But anyways, the point is this: thank you, Camden boy. Thank you for coming to our family and bringing us light and smiles every single day. Thank you for teaching your brother how to, well, be a brother. And for putting up with him trying to stuff food items in your mouth. And for letting him give you his ever-smothering loves and hugs.

Thank you for being patient with us as we try to be parents. With me, as I learn how to be your mom. As I try and figure this whole 'two-kid-business.' Thank you for being a bundle of rolly polly squishy happiness that I can smoosh and kiss daily.

I love you Cam Bam!
I can't imagine life without you in it.

Mom





No comments:

Post a Comment