9.18.2019

La Fontana di TREVI.



There are some things in the world you just have to see in person to fully appreciate, and the Trevi Fountain in Rome is, 100%, one of those things. I have wanted to go to the Trevi Fountain my whole life, so the first time I saw it was surreal. We walked around the corner and there it was-- and I immediately got teary-eyed.

We found ourselves wandering back to the Trevi at any chance we got. It was magnetic, and it was magical.

We woke up early one morning to see it before the giant crowd formed (highly recommend!), and it was just so beautiful. The sun was shining, the water was clear and blue, and it was PERFECT.
We asked this cute Russian lady to take a photo for us, and she snapped a couple before she said,

"Beautiful. Now KISS!"

Haha. So we did.
^the most romantic setting in the history of romance^
^CAN YOU EVEN HANDLE IT??^
^my arms literally look twelve feet long here. Like, am I a giant or what is the deal??^
We stepped off to the side of the fountain where we get a different view (and people watch!), and it was so peaceful. It's such an oasis in the center of the city.

^Hey, handsome!^
^I'll never get over the streets in Rome^
After we threw our coins into the Trevi and got at least a zillion photos, we walked over to the Villa Borghese Gardens to wander and enjoy the beautiful morning for a bit.

We got some treats from a snack cart in the park (why don't they have these in America?), and sat on a bench in the sunshine... just as a full on police horse brigade came marching by. It was pretty awesome, and we took a video for the boys because we knew they'd love it.
^Park snacks done right! Also, coke is SO MUCH BETTER in Europe.^
^i love him^
^I loved this fountain, even though it seemed like a baby compared to the giant Trevi we had just seen haha^
^This statue was a memorial for King Umberto I^

What a perfect morning.

Afterwards we hopped in a taxi to the LDS Rome Temple, which I will post photos of soon! Because holy cow, that was such a highlight, too.

But if you've ever even thought of going to the Trevi Fountain, DO IT. I will never forget it!!!

****

P.S. You have to see the Trevi  in the daytime, but also it's a MUST at night!!! Because holy cow, it is amazing when the sun goes down and it's all lit up. We went back a million times at night, so here are a few photos. 

My gosh, it is pretty spectacular. 


^check out that crowd! And we were there in the off-season...can you imagine at peak tourist season??^
^I've already posted this, but I had to post it again because I love it.^
M A G I C.

Dear Trevi, I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment