5.17.2023

Mother's Day and a field of poppies.

 

I think it was a sign that the field of poppies near our home bloomed right in time for Mother's Day! There was nothing else I could do but force my family to take some pictures in the flowers for me. It was just too beautiful to pass up!! 

Almost every year the city plants poppies here, and every year they are just AMAZING. This year they are red and pink, and I can't get over them!

The kids all ran around and picked me a bouquet of flowers for Mother's Day, and it was the sweetest. It had just rained, so a couple of the boys got muddy and we had to run home so they could change for church, but we somehow still made it on time! Haha. Total chaos. But so worth it for these pictures--I just love them!


The sweetest.

Every year on Mother's Day it just hits me how lucky I am to have the family that I have. Sometimes I look around and honestly can't believe I am a mom of five. Like, what? When did that even happen?? In my mind I'm still 16, but somehow time flies by--and suddenly I have an almost twelve-year-old. It is WILD. 

I have always wanted to be a mom, and I feel so blessed that my dream came true. 

The days definitely aren't perfect--but my purpose is clear, and I absolutely treasure these five little humans.
^Could not be more obsessed with them!^

Boston took some photos of me with Monroe, and he did such a great job. I will treasure them!

I love this girl so much. I can't believe she's already 3! She is just the sweetest little firecracker.
^my heart!^
^these are the moments.^


I am the luckiest mom in the world.

***


The last time we took photos in the poppy field was in 2020!! To see those photos (and tiny baby Monroe!), click here:

POPPIES 2020 

No comments:

Post a Comment