9.13.2015

Families are forever.

“The temple will be an ever-present reminder that God intended the family to be eternal.” 
 –President Ezra Taft Benson 


This summer while we were visiting family in Utah, Jordan and I had the opportunity to attend his cousin's sealing in the new Payson LDS Temple. It was so, so awesome. Not only was the temple absolutely breath-taking inside and out, but it was such a spiritual experience for me and Jordan.

Being in that sealing room, holding my husband's hand, I flashed back to our wedding day over five years earlier in the Mount Timpanogos Temple. We were happy and in love and ready to see what life had in store for us, and we were SO excited to be getting married in the temple. I felt like I could fly that day. Sure, I was young, a little naive, and not quite sure where life would take us, but there was no doubt in my mind that marrying Jordan was the right choice. I was just so happy! 

Flash forward again five years, and there we were, in a similar sealing room. Side by side. We were a few years older, had a little more experience in life (but not much!), and had three beautiful babies waiting for us outside the temple. If I thought I was happy on my wedding day, it didn't hold a candle to how I felt in that moment. Lucky doesn't even begin to cover it!

I am so glad that I chose to be married in the House of the Lord, to an amazing man. I feel incredibly lucky-- every single day! I love my family so much, and I'm glad I don't have to worry about what will happen to us after this life. We get to be together, forever, because of the covenants Jordan and I made on our wedding day, and I am so grateful.

^^These two. Seriously, melt my heart!^^
We are lucky to live super close to the Louisville, Kentucky LDS temple. Here are some quick family photos we took before church one day!

I love these handsome boys of mine. Have I mentioned that? Just checking.
^^They are so silly, and I can't get enough of them!^^

It's amazing that in a few years, we have gone from this...


...to this. 

I am so grateful for temples, and for the knowledge I have that I will be with my family forever.
I am the luckiest girl in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment