11.07.2018

Fall in Kentucky! (buffalo lake trail)

Oh my gosh you guys, there is literally nothing like the beauty of Kentucky in the Fall. We've been in KY for five years, but I don't think I'll ever be over it. It's just so incredible!

When I was flying back from Arizona a couple of days ago (I went to help my sister with her perfect new baby...more photos of that coming asap!!), I took at least thirteen thousand photos out my airplane window when we started to fly over the Midwest. The colors of the leaves on the trees just blew me away!! So gorgeous.

So naturally, one of the very first things we did as a family when I got home was find a beautiful trail nearby to enjoy the perfect autumn weather and leaves!
^They look like twins with their buzzed heads!^
^The real trick here was getting the photo without any of us falling into the water. Haha! I love them.^
^A pretty accurate depiction of our life.^
^MELT MY HEART^
^I've known Jordan for 13 years. And you know what? He just keeps getting better.^
^I'm riding my broomstick, mom!^
We came out of the trees into a big, open meadow. We walked along the top of the hill, and just soaked in all of the gorgeous trees and scenery. 

The trail was right next to a train track, and the boys started freaking out with excitement when a train came racing by. It really was the coolest! 
^Hi, train!^
And then we turned the corner on the trail, and suddenly saw THIS:
^SO incredible!!^
^The saying "Full hands, fuller heart" is so, so true in this stage of my life. I am so lucky.^
^"Its a gun! And some grass!"^
^Man, Brighton. You're cute.^
^Collecting sticks by the lake.^
After the boys skipped rocks and collected all sorts of things down by the lake, we headed back up to the trail in the trees.

I think I took about four thousand photos on this walk...because I just could not get over how pretty everything was!!  And the pictures really don't even do it justice. But I had to try!
^He did this pose because he found a tiny mushroom, and he thought it was cute. Haha!^
^Most kissable boy ever.^
The trail wound back around and down by the lake, so the kids explored the shore a little bit more. They probably would have stayed here for hours if they could have. They were so content--just playing, finding treasures, and laughing together. 

There's nothing better than finding moments like that in all of the chaos. (Because trust me...we are experts in chaos. Haha!)

^Oh hey! I love you.^
^We found this fuzzy caterpillar on a leaf! Isn't he cute?? (slash possibly poisonous? haha)^
^yolo^
Then we found a little waterfall coming down through the leaves, and the boys thought it was the coolest. 

Boston was like "Mom! A baby waterfall! Take a picture of me pointing to it." 
And then Camden was like "Mom! Take a picture of me sliding down the waterfall into the lake!" 

Haha. So typical of their different personalities. 
^love this little daredevil.^
^"Mom! Feel this fuzzy tree!" (He also stepped in dog poop with both feet about two seconds after this photo. Woof.)^
^Totally propped a phone up on the ground with rocks for this pic. It didn't turn out half bad!! Haha^

Holy smokes, what a beautiful trail!! 
Kentucky just keeps getting better and better. 

And so does life with my sweet boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment