3.08.2019

Brighton is TWO!

I can't believe my baby is two years old. How did that happen?? Honestly, I know it's so cliche, but I literally feel like I blinked my eyes and two years passed by. With each child I feel like the time goes exponentially faster.

I swear that we were JUST rushing to the hospital to have Brighton. That memory is still so vivid in my mind. And I will never forget the first time I held him and thought, "Yep. You were meant to be ours!" Two years later, I still feel the same way.

Here are a few photos of Brighton as a brand new babe... because holy cow. He was so tiny and precious.
Oh, my heart! There is just nothing sweeter than a newborn.

(Go HERE to see more photos from Brighton's first few days)

And now he's a big two yea old! 
On the morning of his birthday, we got him a big balloon and took him downtown to run around and get some photos. 
^This was pretty much how trying to get photos went. haha^
^Thanks for the pic, Holland!^
Then we went home, and Brighton played on the bouncy house downstairs with Holland until he was ready for a nap. (Remember how when you're two, you get to take naps every day? Jealous.) 
When the older boys got home from school, we went to a fun Dr. Seuss event in town. Then we met up with Jordan for some dinner! We picked one of Brighton's favorite foods: "DOODLES!" (noodles)
Then we went home for a little family celebration with a couple of gifts and dessert. 
Brighton LOVES trains and cars, so we had a Thomas the Train party and cake for him. He loved it!!
^A better look at the train cake!^
^Happiest birthday boy!^
For our gift to him, we gave him a Cozy Coupe car! He about jumped out of his high chair when we brought it in. He was SO EXCITED.

He pretty much sat in it and drove it around the house for two hours straight, and we had to bribe him to get out! haha. It was the cutest.
He ended his birthday by playing in the basement with his new toy cars from Grandma and Grandpa Mac. If you couldn't tell, he is OBSESSED with all things trains and cars, and will literally sit and play with them forever.
^Nothing like some Halloween jammies in February. Haha^
^The sweetest^
What a great day celebrating our cute boy!!

And now for a birthday letter to my Brights. Because I'm a mom, and I get to be sappy every once in a while. I mean, it's just what moms do, right?
Dear Brighton,

Happy birthday!! You are the sweetest boy, and we are so lucky to have you in our family. You have been through so much in your little life, but you'd never guess it with how happy you are. Here are some of my favorite things about you at age two:

-You call all food "fries"...so when you want more dinner, or more lunch, you say "Mo fries!!"
-You are obsessed with cars and trains
-You love to sing "The Wheels on the Bus," and it is the cutest thing in the universe
-You randomly do headstands, and it makes me laugh every time
-You think your older brothers are the coolest things in the world
-You LOVE your daddy
-You love your blankie and bear, and can't sleep without them

Even though you're the baby of the family, you're definitely the boss at our house. What can I say, we are all pretty obsessed with you.


You are a miracle, little boy. 
You just keep getting cuter, and we are so grateful for you!! 

Happy birthday, Brighton James.

Love, 

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment