2.25.2019

valentines, 2019.

I love love LOVE Valentines Day. The flowers, the chocolates, the pink & red decorations...it's all just the best. And celebrating Valentines Day with kids is so fun! My boys always get super into it, and they look forward to their class valentines exchange for like a month.

I always love sitting down with them and helping them choose which valentine card they're going to give each of their friends. They get so stressed about it, and its hilarious! They're the cutest.
I surprised them on Valentines Day by coming into each of their classes to give them a chocolate heart. It's funny how each of them reacted--pretty much perfectly in line with how I thought they would. Haha! Boston was so excited to see me, and yelled to his friend across the room that I was there. He was loud and proud.
Camden was so embarrassed I was there that he barely made eye contact with me, and he tried not to smile the whole time. (Love his tender little heart!!)
And Holland ran in from the playground when he saw me, and wanted to take me back to his class with him and his friends so I could hang out. He also tried to rip into his candy immediately. Haha!
^Love his rosy little cheeks from running around outside in the cold^
^My little delivery helper^
So fun.
This year I was on the decoration committee for our church adult Valentines dance, and I had the best committee that help set up everything! I also roped Jordan into helping me...because hashtag happywifehappylife. Haha! Just kidding. He's just a good guy who wanted to help me so I wouldn't die of a stress attack.

It all turned out super cute, and we went to the dance together later and had a lot of fun!!
^i love him^
The next day, Holland and I made some chocolate-covered strawberries and oreos for a post Valentines treat. I meant to do them before Valentines, but you know how that goes. Better late than never! Haha.
^Literally cannot handle this picture. I love his little three year old self!!^
Then that weekend, I got together for a "Galentines" brunch with some of my very favorite Louisville ladies!! Love them and this tradition SO much.
^2019^
Pink Dinner!

This is one of my kids' favorite Valentines traditions. We did it a few days after Valentines this year because the actual V-day was pretty crazy, but my kids didn't mind a bit! It was kind of fun to have a reason to stretch out the holiday a bit.

I never do anything too crazy with the food, but I just try and turn as many things pink or red as possible! So this year we had pink lemonade, a pink alfredo bowtie noodle bake, pink garlic bread, and red strawberry jello.
And it really wouldn't be a true lover's holiday if I didn't say how happy I am to have spent all of these years with my best friend.

We've been together so long that I kind of feel like we're the same person, and honestly, I love it that way. I'm so lucky that I get to spend forever with him. Here are some of my favorite photos of us through the years (in random order).
^Salt Lake City, UT, June 2010)
^Panama City Beach, FL, 2018)
^Amsterdam, Netherlands, 2012^
^Lexington, KY, 2014 (photo by Hannah Walker Photography)
^Destin, FL, 2015^
^engagement photo, Utah, april 2010 (photo by Andrea Tate photography)^
^Salt Lake City, UT, 2018^


^Corona Del Mar, CA, 2018^
^Disneyland, CA, 2010 (on the trip we got engaged!)^
^Brandenburg, KY, 2018^
^Kiev, Ukraine, 2010^


^Lexington, KY, 2015^

^Hilton Head Island, SC, 2016^
^St. Petersburg, Russia, 2010^
^Louisville, KY, 2016^
^Louisville (Churchill Downs), KY, 2016^
^Stockholm, Sweden, 2010^
^Folley Beach, SC, 2014^


^Lexington, Ky, 2015 (Photo by Jenny Lane of Jenfolio Photography)^
I love him, and I like him.
I'm really glad he's my forever Valentine.


***

Past Valentines Days, here:


and one of my very favorite Valentines photo shoots ever, click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment