7.21.2010

When I Grow Up....

In the month and several days since we’ve been married I’ve experienced somewhat of a soul-searching, meaning-of-life-pondering, what-should-I-do-with-my-life-wondering escapade of sorts. Kinda like Eat. Pray. Love. minus the trip overseas and the fact that I’m not Julia Roberts. I was on the verge of throwing in the towel, enrolling in UVU, and majoring in Agricultural Studies when my quest for light and knowledge came to an abrupt end.

You see, it all happened on a hot summer eve in an amphitheater called USANA. My wife and I were among a select few who had been given the illustrious honor of receiving special passes to the Zions Bank VIP Lounge at the Kings of Leon concert. We entered, quickly grabbed some VIP food, and plopped down on a VIP couch. It was then that I saw him.

Double XL T-Shirt.

Extra baggy shorts.

One ear of his oversized headphones cupped to his ear.

Other hand smoothly ripping a sick beat to Half of My Heart by John Mayer.

Boy Loco.

I knew right then what my calling in life was-- a sick and totally legit DJ. Here's to you, Boy Loco.

3 comments:

  1. please go into agricultural science and be a farmer.
    and live in ephraim or something.
    that'd be the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. only you don't have to live in ephraim because there are other places to farm... and then we could be farming neighbors because our cows will need friends. :)

    ReplyDelete