11.14.2018

A R I Z O N A (+ baby beckham!)

I'm an AUNT!! For the very first time!!

And oh my gosh, it is amazing.

My sister Sydney had her sweet baby Beckham about a week and a half ago, and I jumped on a flight to Arizona that day to go help/ visit/ snuggle him. It was the absolute BEST. I wasn't sure how the whole aunt thing would be--I mean I knew it would be awesome--but I guess I just didn't realize how much I would LOVE and want to kidnap the little guy. We are just obsessed with him!
^Beckham Law Minetto. HE'S PERFECT.^
^Cutest new parents in the universe. Also how amazing does my sister look after LITERALLY having a baby a few hours earlier. She's a rock star!^
^I'm an AUNT!^
There are literally no words to tell you how amazing it was for me to watch my sister and her husband become parents. To see them just overflowing with love for their first little baby...it just took me back to when Jordan and I first held Boston (7.5 years ago. WHAT). There really is nothing that compares to the joy you feel when become a new parent! Or when you have any baby, for that matter.

It is such a special time, and I felt so lucky to be a little fly on the wall when they brought home their sweet Beckham. 
^She was just glowing^
^Changing a diaper together. The cutest.^
One day we decided to get out for a little walk with the baby, and it was so good to be outside. Probably because Arizona has the most GORGEOUS weather in the universe. I mean come on!! 75 and sunny in November?  I'll take it!!

Beckham was definitely a fan, too.
^Cutest family!^
^I had to take a picture of the pool for the boys. They were like, "That's at Syd and Ty's HOUSE? Can we go??" haha^
 
^sweetest ever^
Some of my favorite moments were spending late nights (and early, early mornings) with sweet baby Beckham. Isn't it crazy how newborns are pretty much the only thing you'll lose an entire night of sleep over--and still want to spend every moment with them the next day?? They make you so tired, but they are the cutest things you've ever seen...so you don't even care.

I could not get enough of his sleepy snuggles!
^Cutest momma and baby^
^Somewhere around 10 pm. Hashtag parenthood! haha^
^Somewhere around 5 am. That little yawn face!!^
Meanwhile, Jordan was holding down the fort and taking care of our sweet boys back home. I was missing them so much, but I knew that they were having a blast with their daddy.

While I was gone, he took them to an awesome library in Louisville to do a science experiment class, and he took them to some fun new parks, and he even got them all ready and headed to church like it was no big thing...yep. Basically he's just the absolute best. We are so lucky to have him! Also, how cute are these pictures he sent me?
^My little wild thing^
^Thanks heavens for Facetime!^
^Jord texted me this photo of Camden and said "Things are going great here." Haha!!^
^Love this Brighton boy.^
^Cam wanted to send me this picture because he matched his daddy. So cute.^
^typical day at the McMurtrey house^
I was really missing him and my boys, so it's a good thing I had a gorgeous sunrise, amazing warm weather, and the sweetest new baby in the world to wake up to in Arizona! 

The palm trees definitely didn't hurt, either. 
^A baby in my arms and Kneader's french toast breakfast? Yes please!^
^His little face!^
^Getting weighed by the midwife! He was so snug and cute in there^
^Best mom.^
It wasn't too long before I had to hop on a flight back home. It was a quick trip, but I was SO glad I was able to come help and meet sweet Beckham!! 

I was sure to get in about a zillion more snuggles with him before I had to go. Also, I was sure to eat Costa Vida. BECAUSE YUM. 
^I want this right now. So good.^
^That newborn smell. The best.^

I said goodbye to a beautiful Arizona sunset and to the cute Minetto family, and I hopped on an early morning flight back to Kentucky.

It was time to go back and squeeze my family!
^The colors of the trees over Kentucky were just UNREAL. So beautiful!^
^Best welcoming crew ever. I missed them!!^
What a great trip. 

Congratulations, Syd and Ty!! You guys are already the best parents ever, and Beckham is so lucky to have you. (Also, thanks for making me an aunt. Because I really love it.)

***

To see posts from each of my babies first days, go here:

Brighton
Holland
Camden
Boston

No comments:

Post a Comment